White CapFor year-round application | feed conversion is the key
White Cap has been specifically designed for phosphorus deficient areas to play a part in correcting mineral deficiencies in cattle and sheep. With the unique 3-in-1 formulation of trace elements, amino acids and electrolytes, White Cap is beneficial for year-round use for overall herd improvement and maintenance and is only dosed once every six weeks, saving time and money.
For best results use in the water supply, but White Cap can also be mixed with feed or poured on hay. All Beachport Liquid Minerals products are designed for ease of use and flexibility to suit your program.
Beachport’s unique liquid supplements pass through the rumen without being broken down to be absorbed via the small intestine into the animals’ blood stream. From here it slowly releases in the blood stream similar to an injection over a six week period.
Benefits of White Cap
White Cap aids in:
- Improving feed conversion of dry and green feed
- Helping livestock to better utilise fresh green feed
- Trace element deficiencies including phosphorus deficiency
- Supporting rumen development in young animals
- Improving fertility and survival rates
- Tightening up calving/lambing periods with a more even drop
- Helping the health of poorer doing livestock
- Improving wool cut and tensile strength
- High amino acid content (the building blocks of protein)
- Ease of application once every six weeks via water or mixed with feed
- Nil withholding period
- Three-year shelf life
- Less labour and cost as it’s not a daily application
The simplest, most effective method of dosing the White Cap is via the water trough using our Beachport Dispenser. However, it can also be applied via a water tank, or mixed with hay or feed. See below for further information.
Work out how many livestock are on the water point.
EXAMPLE: 200 breeders at over 400kg at 50mls per head = 10L
For larger mobs consider splitting the dose and treating every three weeks.
- Measure 10L of White Cap into a clean, empty 20L drum.
- Screw the Beachport Dispenser tightly onto the drum.
- Where possible, empty trough to ensure clean cool water.
- Drop the drum with dispenser into the trough. It will automatically right itself into the correct position. The stainless-steel Beachport Dispenser will be under water.
- Let the drum move freely around the trough – the stock will not be able to knock it out.
- Leave the drum dispensing in the trough for at least three days. Return and empty the remaining water mix in the drum into the trough. Job’s done!
- In six weeks, repeat the process!
The best method of application for our liquid supplements is via the water supply using the stainless-steel Beachport Dispenser, which simply screws onto an empty five, 10L or 20L drum. Empty drums are available to buy if required (if using your own drums ensure they have not previously contained poisons).
Drums must not be completely filled. There needs to be enough space left in the drum for air pressure to build and make the dispenser work. At least half of the drum needs to be filled to ensure effective flow rates.
The dispenser has an inlet and outlet that are constantly under water in the trough, trapping the air inside and maintaining constant air pressure. For every millilitre of product that is released through the outlet, approx. a millilitre of water is sucked back in. For example, if you put 15L of Beachport in a 20L drum, three days later this will have been replaced by 15L of water.
NOTE: DO NOT screw Beachport Dispenser directly onto a full drum of product. Allow the drum to move freely in the trough, as movement is part of the distribution of product. You can also add extra water in the drum if using low volumes of Beachport product. This will help to avoid too much air pressure in warmer weather, as it can force low volumes to dispense faster.
IMPORTANT: Under no circumstances can Beachport Liquid Minerals be mixed with other products in the water supply. This includes Urea.
- You can pour the dose directly into the tank, but make sure it doesn’t overflow. Check the tank has no leaks!
- Do not turn off the tank water supply or you’ll risk your stock running out of water. Water flow is essential to allow the White Cap to cloud in the water supply.
Calculate the amount of product needed by the number of livestock watering from the tank.
- Pour the required amount directly into the tank. Do not turn off the tank – let it fill normally. If you have multiple tanks in line, dose the closest tank to stock.
- Beachport should not be put in a tank with excessive sediment. Make sure the tank is clean
- Add an extra 10% of product to allow for wastage.
- Ensure at least two applications to ensure even distribution.
Calculate the amount of product needed by the number of livestock being fed out.
- Mix Beachport product with enough water to cover most of the hay and ensure even dosage.
Key times to use
We recommend that White Cap be dosed every six weeks for year-round benefit, for overall herd improvement and maintenance. If every six weeks isn’t feasible, consider using over key stress periods:
- Pre-joining: Treat four weeks prior to putting the sires in.
- Late pregnancy: Treat pre-calving/lambing. If you can only dose once, the optimal time is 4 weeks before calving/lambing for best results and continue after birthing. This will see the breeder through calving/lambing into lactation and help with recovery and survival of newborns.
- Sires: Start using six weeks prior to mating.
- Feed conversion: During change of seasons from dry to green and green to dry to maximise production.
Beachport products are NOT given daily. These amounts for cattle last in an animal’s system for six weeks. Therefore, dose frequency is every six weeks.
EXAMPLE: 600 Breeders
600 breeders x 50 mls dose
Total 30,000 mls (30 ltrs)
of White Cap for six weeks.
A breeder is any female being joined. They require an adult dose, 50 mls cattle, 10 mls sheep. Once calves reach 200 kilograms doses rates need to be calculated for them on weight calculation for dry stock.
DOSE RATES: Per Breeder unit
50mls per animal per 6 weeks.
EXAMPLE: 100 weaners different weights
70 x 300kg (30mls p/head) +
30 x 400kg (40mls p/head) =
2100ml + 1200ml = 3300ml (3.3Ltrs)
of White Cap (lasts 6 weeks)
Calculated on animal’s weight.
DOSE RATES: Per head
100 – 200 kgs = 20mls
201 – 300 kgs = 30mls
301 – 400 kgs = 40mls
401kg plus = 50mls
These amounts per head are for six weeks, not daily.
DOSE RATES: Per head
0 – 100kgs
5mls per head every 2 weeks mixed with milk or feed.
PRICE PER ADULT DOSE
|Drum Size||Per 50ml Dose||Per Year (9 Doses)|
Beachport products are NOT given daily. These amounts for sheep last in an animal’s system for six weeks. Therefore, dose frequency is every six weeks for 3 days in their water supply or onto feed at the dose rates in the table below or as directed by a veterinarian.
1 dose lasts in an animals system for 6 weeks.
SHEEP DOSE RATES
|Age||Dose Volume (mls)||Frequency|
|Lambs under 30kg||5 mls||6 weeks|
|Adult Sheep||10 mls||6 weeks|
PRICE PER ADULT DOSE
|Drum Size||Per 10ml dose||Per year (9 doses)|
Every batch of Beachport is individually analysed by a NATA accredited laboratory. Below is the target analysis for White Cap.
|Essential Elements||Target Result||Unit|
This product also contains electrolytes (via fulvic acid) and amino acids (via kelp/seagrass extract).
White Cap can be used all year round as it is beneficial for feed conversion for both dry and green feed. If animals are drinking from a trough, they are getting the advantages of year-round supplementation. Aniseed is added to the product to get animals to bypass paddock water and drink at the supplemented water supply.
Blue Cap is for temperate climates. White Cap is for sub-tropical and tropical climates prone to phosphorus deficiencies.
White Cap and Blue Cap share the same base formulation, but White Cap has added phosphorus. In combination with sulphur and nine essential amino acids and other essential trace elements, White Cap helps with feed conversion (both dry and green) and aids in trace element deficiencies.
Green Cap contains more fulvic acid, one of nature’s most powerful electrolytes. It also has a high amino acid level which stimulates the rumen, lowers stress, and calms animals down.
White Cap has the same essential trace elements and amino acids that assist with feed conversion and production, but with added phosphorus and sulphur to help with trace element deficiencies.
If you are treating one trough (on a fence line) that waters two separate paddocks, remember to calculate based on the mobs on either side. In this case, more than 18L of Beachport Liquid Minerals may be required. For example, if you need to dose 30L of Beachport you would put 15L in a dispenser drum and 3 days later empty and put the remaining 15L into the dispenser drum.
Contact our Head Office if you need help working out what’s best.
If you have several water troughs coming off one tank, it is OK to add the calculated amount of Beachport to the tank to dose all the livestock watering from it.
Beachport Liquid Minerals contains an extremely effective natural electrolyte that gives Beachport the ability to be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream, if other products are dosed at the same time through the water supply, there is considerable risk that the amounts absorbed of the other products may be above what’s recommended safe levels for those products. Therefore, we advise that Beachport is not mixed with any other products when dosing the animals water source. If a trough block is used to keep water clean, remove the block during the time the Beachport dispenser is in the through and replace once the Beachport dispenser has been removed.