Organic White CapFeed conversion is the key
Organic White Cap has been specifically designed for phosphorus deficient areas of Australia to play a part in correcting mineral deficiencies in cattle & sheep. It also contains copper, cobalt, manganese, magnesium, selenium, zinc & iodine. Its primary target being Northern Australia but it’s well known to aid in other areas due to the benefits of phosphorus.
With the unique Beachport Liquid Minerals 3-in-1 formulation of trace elements, amino acids & electrolytes we have been able to increase phosphorus and sulphur levels without impacting on the availability of magnesium and zinc already in our product.
Benefits of Organic White Cap
- Feed conversion of both dry and green feed
- Beneficial to utilise fresh green feed
- Aids in Phosphorus deficient areas
- Supports rumen development in young animals
- Assist in improving fertility & survival rates in livestock
- Aids in tightening up calving/lambing periods with a more even drop.
- Aids in rumen development of poorer doing livestock.
- Ease of Application – for best results use in the water supply, but can also be mixed with feed or poured on hay.
- High amino acid content (the building block of protein)
- Readily absorbed by the rumen
- Nil withholding period
- 3-year shelf life
Beachport Liquid Minerals does not recommend orally dosing BLM within 24 hours of orally dosing with another product.
All Beachport Liquid Minerals products have several application methods, designed for ease of use and flexibility to suit your program. The simplest most effective method for the Organic White Cap is via the water trough using our Beachport Liquid Minerals Dispenser, but it can be also used via a water tank, mixed with hay and feed. See below for further information on each application method.
- Work out how many stock on water point: e.g.200 breeders x 50 mls = 10 ltrs. (For larger mobs consider splitting the dose and treating every 3 weeks.)
- Measure 10 ltrs of White Cap into a clean, empty 20 ltr drum.
- Screw the BLM Dispenser tightly onto the top of the drum.
- Ensure the trough has been cleaned thoroughly prior to placing the floating drum and dispenser into the water to prevent the inlet on the dispenser blocking when water is being sucked back into the drum.
- Drop the drum with dispenser into the trough, it will automatically right itself into the correct position with the stainless steel dispenser under water.
- Let the drum move freely around the trough, the stock will not knock it out.
- Leave the drum dispensing in the trough for at least three days then return and empty the water left in drum into trough (may be a weak tea colour) and take drum and dispenser to another trough or back to the shed – Jobs Done!
- Then in 6 weeks, repeat the process.
Beachport Liquid Minerals’ best method of application is via the water supply using the stainless steel Beachport Liquid Minerals Dispenser in the water trough. It simply screws into the top of a 5, 10 or 20-litre drum. (BLM Empty Dispenser Drums available if you need spare drums).
Drum must NOT be completely filled (i.e. 20 litres in a 20 litre drum). There has to be air pressure in the drum for the dispenser to work correctly over its 3 day dispensing period.
Why: When you look at the dispenser it has an inlet and an outlet that are constantly under water in the trough so the air in the drum is trapped. For every ml of Beachport that escapes through the outlet over the 3 days a ml of water is sucked back in through the inlet keeping the air pressure constant. So if you put 15 ltrs of Beachport Liquid Minerals in a 20 ltr drum, 3 days later the Beachport product will be replaced by 15 ltrs of water due to the water pressure in the drum.
Note: Ensure at least half the drum contains product or a combination of BLM & water, to ensure flow rates are not affected.
IMPORTANT: Under no circumstances can Beachport Liquid Minerals products be mixed with other products in the water supply at the same time. This includes UREA.
- Calculate the amount of product needed based on the number of stock being supplied by the tank.
- Pour the required amount directly into the tank. DO NOT turn off the tank, let it fill as normal.
- Beachport Liquid Minerals should not be put in a tank with excessive sediment present.
Note: If multiple tanks in line ensure the closest tank to the stock is dosed.
- Dose amounts remain the same.
- You can pour the correct dose amount directly into the tank but ensure that the tank does not overflow. Ensure the header tank to be treated has NO leaks.
- DO NOT turn tank supply off risking stock running out of water. Water flow is essential to allow the White Cap to suspend in the water and clouds on movement to outlet.
- Organic White Cap cannot be orally dosed at the same time with any other orally dosed product.
- If orally dosing, it must be at least 24 hours before or after, dosing with any other orally dosed product.
Organic White Cap can be used with drench guns without blockages when necessary but the most efficient, low-stress method is via the water.
- Orally dosing is not the prefered method of application.
- If using a drench gun please ensure drench gun is cleaned thoroughly, use a short nozzle gun and take care not to drench on lungs.
- Mix the required amount of product with a volume of water that is sufficient enough to be able to evenly pour onto the hay that’s been fed out.
- Add an extra 10% of product to allow for wastage.
- Dose over 3 applications, NOT one.
Key times of use
Organic White Cap can be used all year round, every 6 weeks, when animals have access to troughs. If this isn’t feasible in your operation, consider using over these key stress periods:
- Pre-Joining: Treat 2-3 weeks prior to putting the sires in.
- Late Pregnancy: Treat as often as possible before calving/lambing for optimal results. This will see the breeder through calving/lambing into lactation and help with recovery. (HIGHLY recommend using in water. DO NOT orally dosing as this can cause stress on heavily pregnant animals).
- Sires: Start using 6 weeks prior to mating
- Feed Conversion: for dry and green feed to maximize production.
Beachport products are NOT a daily application process. These amounts for cattle last in the animals system for 6 weeks. Therefore dose frequency is every 6 weeks.
NOTE: Depending on the individual program, frequency rates can be split evenly to suit individual properties. i.e. once every 6 weeks or split dose in half for 3 weeks or into thirds for 2 weeks.
EXAMPLE: 600 Breeders
600 breeders x 50 mls dose
Total 30,000 mls (30 ltrs)
of Organic White Cap for six weeks.
A breeder is a heifer you’re trying to get in calf, a cow in calf, or a cow with calf at foot to 200 kilograms, is classed as a breeder unit.
DOSE RATES: Per Breeder unit
50mls per animal per 6 weeks.
EXAMPLE: 100 weaners different weights
70 x 300kg (30mls p/head) +
30 x 400kg (40mls p/head) =
2100ml + 1200ml = 3300ml (3.3Ltrs)
of Organic White Cap (lasts 6 weeks)
Calculated on animal’s weight.
DOSE RATES: Per head
100 – 200 kgs = 20mls
201 – 300 kgs = 30mls
301 – 400 kgs = 40mls
401kg plus = 50mls
These amounts per head are for six weeks, not daily.
DOSE RATES: Per head
0 – 100kgs
5mls per head every 2 weeks mixed with milk or feed.
PRICE PER ADULT DOSE – Cattle
|Drum Size||Per 50ml Dose||Per Year (9 Doses)|
Frequency Rate is once every 6 weeks at the dose rates in the table below or as directed by a Veterinary Surgeon. If drenching use a short nozzle gun, and take care not to drench into lungs.
SHEEP DOSE RATES
|Age||Dose Volume (mls)||Frequency|
|Weaned lambs||10 mls||6 weeks|
|Hoggetts||10 mls||6 weeks|
|Adult Sheep||10 mls||6 weeks|
WARNING! Not to be orally dosed at the same time with any other orally dosed product. If orally dosing, it must be at least 24 hours before or after, dosing with any other orally dosed product.
PRICE PER ADULT DOSE – Sheep
|Drum Size||Per 10ml dose||Per year (9 doses)|
Every batch of Beachport Liquid Minerals product has an individual analysis by a NATA accredited Laboratory available. The table below are the target analysis results.
|Essential Elements||Target Result||Unit|
This product also contains fulvic acid & kelp/seagrass extract.
It can be used all year around as it is a feed conversion for both dry and green feed so they will get an advantage out of it. If the animal is drinking from a trough there will be an advantage.
Organic Green Cap has more electrolytes (Fulvic Acid) which is the best electrolyte known to man, and also high amino acid level which stimulate the rumen and calms them down.
The Organic White Cap has all seven essential trace elements, phosphorus and sulphur, as well as all 10 essential amino acids for feed conversion and production and aids in trace element deficiencies.
If you are treating one trough (on a fence line) that waters 2 separate paddocks remember to calculate both mobs either side of the trough. In this case the required BLM may be more than 17-18ltrs, and then it would be recommended to split the dose and repeat the treatment every 3 weeks on this water point.
If you have a number of water troughs coming off one tank then it is OK to dose the tank with the amount of Beachport Liquid Minerals that will treat all the livestock drinking from that tank via the troughs.
Beachport Liquid Minerals is a feed conversion tool, this means that animals are able to utilise anything that is going down their throats more efficiently. For example: If you were to put urea in the water at the same time as BLM you will find that the Urea will become 60% more available. This can be quite dangerous as urea can poison stock. If you use copper blocks for algae treatment, take them out prior to putting in the Beachport Liquid Minerals supplement. Once the BLM is out of the trough (4-5 days) you can put the blocks back in the trough. Once again the copper will become more available and may poison the stock. You can use Beachport Liquid Minerals in conjunction with licks and block (containing urea) just not in the water at the same time.