Blue CapNot just a trace element supplement
Blue Cap is a 3-in-1 formulation developed to play a role in the correction of essential mineral deficiencies in cattle and sheep. This mix of natural ingredients formulate a unique mix of trace elements, amino acids and electrolytes with the ability to make nutrients more absorbable, have a better retention rate improving the performance of the animal. Blue Cap is our base product, with the benefits of selenium, and is used primarily in Southern areas of Australia.
Blue Cap Benefits
- Feed conversion of both dry and green feed
- Supports rumen development in young animals
- Assist in improving fertility & survival rates
- Aids in tightening up calving/lambing periods with a more even drop.
- Aids in rumen development of poorer doing livestock.
- Ease of Application – for best results use in the water supply, but can also be poured on hay or mixed with feed.
- High amino acid content (the building block of protein)
- Readily absorbed by the rumen
- Nil withholding period
- 3-year shelf life
PLEASE NOTE: Beachport Liquid Minerals cannot be orally dosed at the same time with any other orally dosed product, refer to Application Methods for further instruction on dosing options.
All Beachport Liquid Minerals products have several application methods, designed for ease of use and flexibility to suit your program. The simplest and most effective method for the Blue Cap is via the water trough using our BLM Dispenser, but it can be also used via a water tank, or mixed with hay and feed. See below for further information on each application method.
- Work out how many stock on water point: e.g. 200 breeders x 50 mls = 10 litres. (For larger mobs consider splitting the dose and treating every 3 weeks.)
- Measure 10 litres of White Cap into a clean, empty 20 ltr drum.
- Screw the BLM Dispenser tightly onto the top of the drum.
- Ensure the trough has been cleaned thoroughly prior to placing the floating drum and dispenser into the water to prevent the inlet on the dispenser blocking when water is being sucked back into the drum.
- Drop the drum with dispenser into the trough, it will automatically right itself into the correct position with the stainless steel dispenser under water.
- Let the drum move freely around the trough, the stock will not knock it out.
- Leave the drum dispensing in the trough for 48-72 hours.
- When you return to collect the drum, empty the water left in the drum into the trough (this may be a weak tea colour.)
- Then in 6 weeks, repeat the process.
BLM’s best method of application is via the water supply using the stainless steel BLM Dispenser in the water trough. The dispenser simply screws into the top of a 5, 10 or 20 ltr drum (BLM Empty Dispenser Drums available for purchase if required.)
Drum must NOT be completely filled (i.e. 20 ltrs in a 20 ltr drum). There has to be air pressure in the drum for the dispenser to work correctly over its 3-day dispensing period.
Why: When you look at the dispenser it has an inlet and an outlet that are constantly under water in the trough so the air in the drum is trapped. For every ml of Beachport Liquid Minerals that escapes through the outlet over the 3 days a ml of water is sucked back in through the inlet keeping the air pressure constant. So if you put 15 ltrs of Beachport in a 20 ltr drum 3 days later Beachport will be replaced by 15 ltrs of water due to the water pressure in the drum.
Note: Ensure at least half the drum contains product or a combination of BLM & water, to ensure flow rates are not affected.
IMPORTANT: Under no circumstances can Beachport Liquid Minerals products be mixed with other products in the water supply at the same time. This includes UREA.
- Calculate the amount of product needed based on the number of stock being supplied by the tank.
- Pour the required amount directly into the tank. DO NOT turn off tank, let it fill as normal.
- BLM should not be put in a tank with excessive sediment present.
Note: If multiple tanks in line ensure the closest tank to stock is dosed.
- Dose amounts remain the same.
- You can pour the correct dose amount directly into the tank but ensure that the tank does not overflow. Ensure the header tank to be treated has NO leaks.
- DO NOT turn tank water supply off risking stock running out of water. Water flow is essential to allow the Blue Cap to suspend in the water and cloud on movement to outlet.
- Beachport Liquid Minerals cannot be orally dosed at the same time with any other orally dosed product.
- If orally dosing with BLM it must be at least 24 hours before or after, dosing with any other orally dosed product.
Blue Cap can be used through drench guns without blockages when necessary but the most efficient, low-stress method is via the water.
- Ensure drench gun is cleaned thoroughly.
- When drenching stock, use a short nozzle gun and take care not to drench into lungs.
- Mix the required amount of product with a volume of water that is sufficient enough to be able to evenly pour onto the hay that’s been fed out.
- Add an extra 10% of product to allow for wastage.
- Dose over 3 applications, NOT one.
Key times of use
Blue Cap can be used all year round, every 6 weeks, when animals have access to troughs. If this isn’t feasible in your operation, consider using over these key stress periods:
- Pre-Joining: Treat 2-3 weeks prior to putting the sires in.
- Late Pregnancy: Treat as often as possible before calving/lambing for optimal results. This will see the breeder through calving/lambing into lactation and help with recovery. NOTE. HIGHLY recommend using in water NOT orally dosing to reduce stress on heavily pregnant animals.)
- Sires: Start using 6 weeks prior to mating.
- Feed Conversion: for dry and green feed to maximise production.
Beachport Liquid Minerals products are NOT a daily application process. Dose amounts for livestock are for a 6 week period (one dose will last in the system of the animal for 6 weeks.)
NOTE: Depending on the individual program, frequency rates can be split evenly to suit individual properties. i.e. once every 6 weeks or split the dose in half for 3 weeks or into thirds for 2 weeks.
EXAMPLE: 600 Breeders
600 breeders x 50 mls dose
Total 30,000 mls (30 litres)
of Blue Cap for six weeks.
A heifer you’re trying to get in calf, a cow in calf, or a cow with calf at foot to 200 kilograms is classed as a breeder unit.
DOSE RATES: Per Breeder unit
50mls per animal per 6 weeks.
EXAMPLE: 600 weaners at 250kgs
600 x 20mls p/head =
12,000ml (12 ltrs) of Blue Cap
(lasts 6 weeks)
Calculated on animal’s weight.
DOSE RATES: Per head
100 – 200 kgs = 20mls
201 – 300 kgs = 30mls
301 – 400 kgs = 40mls
401kg plus = 50mls
These amounts per head are for a six week period, NOT daily.
DOSE RATES: Per head
0 – 100kgs
5mls per head every 2 weeks mixed with milk or feed.
PRICE PER ADULT DOSE
|Drum Size||Per 50ml Dose||Per Year (9 Doses)|
Frequency Rate is once every 6 weeks at the dose rates in the table below or as directed by a Veterinary Surgeon. Black Cap Selenium Free is recommended for use with drenches. If drenching use a short nozzle gun and take care not to drench into lungs.
SHEEP DOSE RATES
|Age||Dose Volume (mls)||Frequency|
|Weaned lambs||10 mls||6 weeks|
|Hoggetts||10 mls||6 weeks|
|Adult Sheep||10 mls||6 weeks|
WARNING! Beachport Liquid Minerals cannot be orally dosed at the same time with any other orally dosed product. If orally dosing with BLM it must be at least 24 hours before or after, dosing with any other orally dosed product.
PRICE PER ADULT DOSE
|Drum Size||Per 10ml Dose||Per year (9 Doses)|
Every batch of Beachport Liquid Minerals product has an individual analysis by a NATA accredited Laboratory available. The table below are the target analysis results.
|Essential Elements||Target Result||Unit|
This product also contains fulvic acid & kelp/seagrass extract.
Blue Cap is for the temperate climates of Australia.
The White Cap is for sub-tropical and tropical climates where phosphorus deficiency is an issue.
The White Cap has extra phosphorus which in combination with sulphur and the ten essential amino acids and the seven essential trace elements helps with feed conversion (both dry & green ) and aids in trace element deficiency in livestock.
If you are treating one trough (on a fence line) that waters 2 separate paddocks remember to calculate both mobs either side of the trough. In this case the required BLM may be more than 17-18ltrs, and then it would be recommended to split the dose and repeat the treatment every 3 weeks on this water point.
If you have a number of water troughs coming off one tank then it is OK to dose the tank with the amount of Beachport Liquid Minerals that will treat all the livestock watering from that tank via the troughs.
Beachport Liquid Minerals is a feed conversion tool, this means that animals are able to utilise anything that is going down their throats more efficiently. For example: If you were to put urea in the water at the same time as Beachport Liquid Minerals you will find that the Urea will become 60% more available. This can be quite dangerous as urea can poison stock. If you use copper blocks for algae treatment, take them out prior to putting in the BLM. Once the BLM is out of the trough (4-5 days) you can put the blocks back in the trough. Once again the copper will become more available and may poison the stock. You can use Beachport Liquid Minerals in conjunction with licks and block (containing urea) just not in the water at the same time.