Blue CapFar from just a trace element supplement
Blue Cap is our base range supplement, formulated with a unique 3-in-1 combination of amino acids, electrolytes and trace elements. This mix of natural ingredients helps to combat essential mineral and amino acid deficiencies, along with a range of production and health benefits. Blue Cap can make nutrients more absorbable and retainable, resulting in improved livestock performance.
Blue Cap is primarily used in temperate climates. For best results use in the water supply with the Beachport Dispenser, but it can also be poured on hay or mixed with feed. All Beachport Liquid Minerals products are designed for ease of use and flexibility to suit your program.
Beachport’s unique liquid supplements pass through the rumen without being broken down to be absorbed via the small intestine into the animals’ blood stream. From here it slowly releases in the blood stream, similar to an injection over a six-week period.
Blue Cap Benefits
Blue Cap aids in:
- Feed conversion of both dry and green feed
- Livestock better utilising fresh green feed
- Trace element deficiencies
- Supporting rumen development in young animals
- Improving fertility and survival rates
- Tightening up calving/lambing periods with a more even drop
- Improving the health of poorer doing livestock
- Improving wool cut and tensile strength
- High amino acid content (the building blocks of protein)
- Ease of application
- Nil withholding period
- Three-year shelf life
- Less labour and cost as it’s not a daily application
The simplest and most effective method of application for Blue Cap is via the water trough using our Beachport Dispenser, but it can also be used via a water tank or mixed with hay and feed. See below for further information on each application method.
Work out how many livestock are on the water point.
200 breeders at 50mls per head = 10L
For larger mobs consider splitting the dose and treating every three weeks.
- Measure 10L of Blue Cap into a clean, empty 20L drum.
- Screw the Beachport Dispenser tightly onto the drum.
- Where possible, empty trough to ensure clean cool water.
- Drop the drum with dispenser into the trough. It will automatically right itself into the correct position. The stainless-steel Beachport Dispenser will be under water.
- Let the drum move freely around the trough – the stock will not be able to knock it out.
- Leave the drum dispensing in the trough for at least three days. Return and empty the remaining water mix in the drum into the trough. Job’s done!
- In six weeks, repeat the process!
The best method of application for our liquid supplements is via the water supply using the stainless-steel Beachport Dispenser, which simply screws onto an empty five, 10 or 20L drum. Empty drums are available to buy if required (if using your own drums ensure they have not previously contained poisons).
Drums must not be completely filled. There needs to be enough space left in the drum for air pressure to build and make the dispenser work. At least half of the drum needs to be filled to ensure effective flow rates.
The dispenser has an inlet and outlet that are constantly under water in the trough, trapping the air inside and maintaining constant air pressure. For every millilitre of product that is released through the outlet, approx. a millilitre of water is sucked back in. For example, if you put 15L of Beachport in a 20L drum, three days later this will have been replaced by 15L of water.
NOTE: DO NOT screw Beachport Dispenser directly onto a full drum of product. Allow the drum to move freely in the trough, as movement is part of the distribution of product. You can also add extra water in the drum if using low volumes of Beachport product. This will help to avoid too much air pressure in warmer weather, as it can force low volumes to dispense faster.
IMPORTANT: Under no circumstances can Beachport Liquid Minerals be mixed with other products in the water supply. This includes Urea.
Calculate the amount of product needed by the number of livestock watering from the tank.
- Pour the required amount directly into the tank. Do not turn off the tank – let it fill normally. If you have multiple tanks in line, dose the closest tank to stock.
- Beachport should not be put in a tank with excessive sediment. Make sure the tank is clean.
- You can pour the dose directly into the tank, but make sure it doesn’t overflow. Check the tank has no leaks!
- Do not turn off the tank water supply or you’ll risk your stock running out of water. Water flow is essential to allow the Blue Cap to cloud in the water supply.
Calculate the amount of product needed by the number of livestock being fed out.
- Mix Beachport product with enough water to cover most of the hay and ensure even dosage.
- Add an extra 10% of product to allow for wastage.
- Ensure at least two applications to ensure even distribution.
Key times of use
Blue Cap can be used all year round, every six weeks, when animals have access to troughs. If this isn’t feasible in your operation, consider using over these key stress periods:
- Pre-joining: Treat four weeks prior to putting the sires in.
- Late pregnancy: Treat pre-calving/lambing. If you can only dose once, the optimal time is 4 weeks before calving/lambing for best results and continue after birthing. This will see the breeder through calving/lambing into lactation and help with recovery and survival of newborns.
- Sires: Start using six weeks prior to mating.
- Feed conversion: During change of seasons from dry to green and green to dry to maximise production.
Beachport Liquid Minerals products are not a daily application process. One dose lasts in the animal’s system for six weeks.
DOSE RATES: Per breeder unit
50mls per animal per six weeks
EXAMPLE: 600 breeders
600 breeders x 50mls dose
Total 30,000mls (30L) of Blue Cap for six weeks
A breeder is any female being joined, they require an adult dose, 50 mls cattle 10 mls sheep. Once calves reach 200 kilograms doses rates need to be calculated for them on weight calculation for dry stock.
DOSE RATES: Per head
100 – 200 kgs = 20mls
201 – 300 kgs = 30mls
301 – 400 kgs = 40mls
401kg plus = 50mls
Dose rates are calculated on an animal’s weight. These amounts last for six weeks.
EXAMPLE: 600 weaners at 250kgs
600 x 20mls p/head =
12,000ml (12 ltrs) of Blue Cap
(lasts 6 weeks)
Dose rates are calculated on an animal’s weight.
DOSE RATES: Per head
0 – 100kgs = 5mls every two weeks mixed with milk or feed
PRICE PER ADULT DOSE
|Drum Size||Per 50ml Dose||Per Year (9 Doses)|
The application frequency rate for sheep is once every six weeks via water or feed at the dose rates below, or as directed by a veterinary surgeon.
SHEEP DOSE RATES
|Age||Dose Volume (mls)||Frequency|
|Lambs under 30kg||5 mls||6 weeks|
|Adult Sheep||10 mls||6 weeks|
PRICE PER ADULT DOSE
|Drum Size||Per 10ml Dose||Per year (9 Doses)|
Every batch of Beachport is individually analysed by a NATA accredited laboratory. The table below is the target analysis for Blue Cap.
|Essential Elements||Target Result||Unit|
This product also contains electrolytes (via fulvic acid) and amino acids (via kelp/seagrass extract).
Blue Cap is for temperate climates. White Cap is for sub-tropical and tropical climates where phosphorus deficiency is an issue. White Cap has extra phosphorus, which in combination with sulphur, 10 essential amino acids and seven essential trace elements, helps with feed conversion (both dry and green) and aids in trace element deficiency.
If you are treating one trough (on a fence line) that waters two separate paddocks, remember to calculate based on the mobs on either side. In this case, more than 18L of Beachport Liquid Minerals may be required. For example, if you need to dose 30L of Beachport you would put 15L in a dispenser drum and 3 days later empty and put the remaining 15L into the dispenser drum.
Contact our Head Office if you need help working out what’s best.
If you have several water troughs coming off one tank, it is OK to add the calculated amount of Beachport to the tank to dose all the livestock watering from it.