Black CapImprove the performance of your sheep
Black Cap has been formulated for sheep. With the base of the 3-in-1 combination of trace elements, amino acids and electrolytes for improving the performance of cattle & sheep this product is exactly the same formulation as the Beachport Liquid Minerals Blue Cap, with the selenium excluded.
Benefits of Black Cap
- Includes essential trace elements required for optimal wool production
- Feed conversion of both dry and green feed
- Supports rumen development in young animals
- Improves wool cut & tensile strength
- Assist in improving fertility & survival rates
- Aids in tightening up lambing periods with a more even drop.
- High amino acid content (the building block of protein)
- Readily absorbed by the rumen
- Nil withholding period
- 3-year shelf life
All Beachport Liquid Minerals products are designed for ease of use and flexibility to suit your program. The simplest and most effective method is via the water trough using our BLM Dispenser, but it can be also used via a water tank or mixed with hay and feed. See below for further information on each application method.
- Work out how many stock on water point: e.g. 250 adult ewes x 10mls = 2.5 litres (for larger mobs consider splitting the dose and treating every 3 weeks.)
- Measure 2.5 Ltrs of Black Cap into a clean, empty 10 ltr drum. Add another 2.5L of water to ensure drum sits low in the trough. (Note: DO NOT fill drum with added water to the top. Leave some space for air as the Dispenser works on air and water pressure.)
- Screw the BLM Dispenser tightly onto the top of the drum.
- Ensure the trough has been cleaned thoroughly prior to placing the floating drum and dispenser into the water to prevent the inlet on the dispenser blocking when water is being sucked back into the drum.
- Drop the drum with dispenser into the trough, it will automatically right itself into the correct position with the stainless steel dispenser under water.
- Let the drum move freely around the trough, the stock will not knock it out.
- Leave the drum dispensing in the trough for 48-72 hours.
- When you return to collect the drum empty the water left in the drum into the trough (may be a weak tea colour.)
- Then in 6 weeks, repeat the process.
For the best results, we recommend application via the water supply using the stainless steel BLM Dispenser in the water trough. The dispenser simply screws into the top of a 5, 10 or 20 ltr drum (BLM Empty Dispenser Drums are available for purchase if required.)
Drum must NOT be completely filled (i.e. 20 litres in a 20 litre drum.) There has to be air pressure in the drum for the dispenser to work correctly over its 3-day dispensing period.
Why: When you look at the dispenser it has an inlet and an outlet that are constantly under water in the trough so the air in the drum is trapped. For every ml of Beachport that escapes through the outlet over the 3 days a ml of water is sucked back in through the inlet keeping the air pressure constant. So if you put 15 ltrs of Beachport in a 20 ltr drum 3 days later Beachport will be replaced by 15 ltrs of water due to the water pressure in the drum.
Note: Ensure at least half the drum contains product or a combination of BLM & water, to ensure flow rates are not affected.
IMPORTANT: Under no circumstances can BLM products be mixed with other products in the water supply at the same time. This includes UREA.
- Calculate the amount of product needed based on the number of stock being supplied by the tank.
- Pour the required amount directly into the tank. DO NOT turn off the tank, let it fill as normal.
- Beachport Liquid Minerals should not be put in a tank with excessive sediment present.
Note: If multiple tanks in line ensure the closest tank to stock is dosed.
- Dose amounts remain the same.
- You can pour the correct dose amount directly into the tank but ensure that the tank does not overflow. Ensure the header tank to be treated has NO leaks.
- DO NOT turn tank water supply off risking stock running out of water. Water flow is essential to allow the Black Cap to suspend in the water and cloud on movement to the outlet.
- Mix the required amount of product with a volume of water that is sufficient enough to be able to evenly pour onto the hay that’s been fed out.
- Add an extra 10% of product to allow for wastage.
- Dose over 3 applications, NOT one.
Key times of use
If using Black Cap every 6 weeks isn’t feasible in your operation, consider using in these key times.
- Pre-Joining: Treat ewes 2-3 weeks prior to putting the ram in.
- Pre-Lambing: Treat 2 weeks prior to lambing. This will see the animal through lambing into lactation and help with recovery.
- Rams: Start using 6 weeks prior to mating.
- Feed Conversion: for dry and green feed to maximise production.
Dose frequency is once every 6 weeks at the dose rates in the table below or as directed by a Veterinary Surgeon. Black Cap Selenium Free is recommended for sheep via water or mixed with feed.
SHEEP DOSE RATES
|Age||Dose Volume (mls)||Frequency|
|Lambs under 30kg||5 mls||6 weeks|
|Adult Sheep||10 mls||6 weeks|
PRICE PER ADULT DOSE
|Drum Size||Per 10ml Dose||Per Year (9 doses)|
Every batch of Beachport Liquid Minerals product has an individual analysis by a NATA accredited Laboratory available. The table below is the target analysis for Black Cap.
|Essential Elements||Target Result||Unit|
This product also contains electrolytes (via fulvic acid) & amino acids (via kelp/seagrass extract).
Beachport Liquid Minerals is a feed conversion tool, this means that animals are able to utilise anything that is going down their throats more efficiently. For example: If you were to put urea in the water at the same time as Beachport Liquid Minerals you will find that the Urea will become 60% more available. This can be quite dangerous as urea can poison stock. If you use copper blocks for algae treatment, take them out prior to putting in the BLM. Once the Beachport Liquid Minerals is out of the trough (4-5 days) you can put the blocks back in the trough. Once again the copper will become more available and may poison the stock. You can use BLM in conjunction with licks and block (containing urea) just not in the water at the same time.