Drones in farming – Imagine the endless opportunities
A drone can be used in multiple farming scenarios; from creating a video during mustering to using it as a marketing tool for an up-and-coming bull or ram sale. Using a DJI Phantom 4 drone can assist you in checking water points, calving cows or lambing ewes, and all from the comfort of your vehicle or from the back porch.
An innovation in farming
In recent years, drones have become the new kid on the block in the agricultural industry. This is partially due to the large range of areas drones are able to be implemented in the Agricultural industry. Fixed camera drones are a great introductory tool into the various possibilities that more advanced agricultural drones can provide primary producers.
Agriculture is becoming more high-tech and the use of drones for data gathering and improved use of the time is more prevalent.
Important information to remember when flying drones anywhere in Australia
If you are unsure on the areas which drones are able or unable to fly in, we would recommend downloading the ‘Can I fly there’ app, available for IOS and Android devices.
To keep the air-space a safe place as well as being mindful of other people’s privacy, the Australian Government Civil Aviation Safety Authority has implemented some guidelines:
- You must be able to see the device at all times visually with your eyes
- Drones under 25kg don’t require a licence to fly
- When flying a drone it must be kept a minimum of 30 metres away from other people and cannot operate over areas populated by several people, such as beaches, sporting fields, etc.
If you are seeking more information about the Australian Government Civil Aviation Safety Authority guidelines on using drones, we would recommend heading over to their website: www.casa.gov.au/aircraft/landing-page/flying-drones-australia.
Ever wanted a drone? Here is your chance to win a DJI Phantom 4 (valued at $2,400) with Beachport Liquid Minerals.
From now until the 30th of November; if you purchase either a 20L, 200L or 1000L of any Beachport Liquid Minerals products from your rural outlet, you can enter to go in the draw to win this amazing DJI Phantom 4 drone.
Why we selected a DJI Phantom 4 for this competition.
We loved that the DJI Phantom 4 drone has all the specs but is simple and can be used by anyone. Here are some of the reasons why we select the DJI Phantom 4 drone…
- Flying has been made for everyone – with a simple tap the drone will switch on, and with another tap the drone will be flying. The technology also includes an obstacle sensing system which will help keep the DJI Phantom 4 from colliding into objects.
- Extended flight time- On one fully charge battery, the DJI Phantom 4 drone can last approximately 28 minutes and map up to 160 acres/ 64.75 hectares (If you are the lucky person to win this DJI Phantom 4 drone with Beachport Liquid Minerals, you will receive 3 batteries given you approximately 84 minutes).
Other aspects why people choose the DJI Phantom 4 drone:
- Precision Hovering
- Sports mode
- Visual Tracker
Here at Beachport Liquid Minerals, we are super excited to be giving away a DJI Phantom 4. All you have to do is purchase either a 20 L (1 ticket), 200 L (5 tickets) or 1000 L (10 tickets) of any Beachport Liquid Minerals product from your local rural retailer to enter the draw.
If you are unsure about the best Beachport Liquid Minerals product for your livestock operation, check out our product selector on the Beachport Liquid Minerals website. Or, feel free to call your nearest Regional Manager and we can assist you with all your questions.